2D-5D volume Criterion description
1. Overall impression (max 10 points)
Overall impression – is the judge’s first impression on master’s work. Can be evaluated both lying down and standing. Paying attention to the accuracy, symmetry, esthetic look, fluffiness etc., i.e. should be looking at all parameters at once.
2. “Fan” layout
“Fan” layout – is the competitive technique of eyelash extension. It means that outer corners must be extended with maximal turn to the head temples. Inner corners – with maximal turn to the nose. The total angle of the turn is 180 degrees.
3. Presence of glued together lashes
- There should not be any glued together lashes and no glued together upper and lower lashes. All eyelashes should be separated well.
- The tweezers should slide easily between the eyelashes, wherever it is inserted. If the tweezers are clinging, then there are gluing together. Often eyelashes stick together from the inattention of the master or high speed. Therefore, you need to finish the work 5 minutes before the “Stop” and check your work carefully for gluing together. Not allowed to glue bundle eyelashes.
- It is not allowed to place 1 fake eyelash on 2 natural eyelashes.
4. Neatness of work performance
The work must be done cleanly. There should be no glue lumps, white spools, white coating from tears and other dusts or motes on eyelashes.
5. The area of contact
- Area. The fake eyelash’s base should fit tightly to the natural eyelash. The contact surface (gluing) should be approximately 1/3 of the total length. If the base is not glued tightly, for example, the tip is coming off or the eyelash is sagging – points should be reduced.
- Side. It does not matter from which side the fake eyelash is glued to the natural eyelash, whether it is from above, from the side or from below. The main thing is that it must “sit” firmly and it look like as if it grows out of a natural eyelash.
6. 2D-5D volume fluffiness of the bundle
2D-5D volume eyelash extension – two/three/four/five fake eyelashes are glued on one natural. The maximal allowed thickness is 0.07. It is NOT forbidden to combine volumes (starting from 2D and more) but it IS forbidden to switch to classics. It is forbidden to make and bring bundles from home. Otherwise, master must be disqualified.
All eyelashes should be well fluffed, the extension should look bulky. Unopened bundles are estimated at 0 points.
7. Foot length
The length of the foot should not exceed 2 mm with the length of fake eyelashes 6-9 mm, and 3 mm from 10 to 13 mm.
8. Symmetry of the bundle
The competitive bundle should be opened up as follows:
- With the length of fake eyelashes from 6 to 8 mm – the opening of the bundle should be approximately 0.8 mm.
- With the length of fake eyelashes from 9 to 13 mm – the opening of the bundle should be approximately 1 mm.
- All the bundles must be symmetric.
All the bundles must be symmetric.
Work performance technique
Three parameters are evaluated in the work performance technique:
Possible spacing is from 0.2 mm to 1 mm. Spacing should be even and easily visible. Absence of spacing or extension in the eyelid does not give points on this parameter.
All lashes (bundles) should be extended parallel to each other. It is not welcome if eyelashes cross and create the effect of the letter “X”. In addition, eyelashes should not look all in one direction – straight or sideways. The extension should be done on the principle of “half sun”, which means, eyelashes in the inner corner should look at nose, eyelashes in the center – straight, eyelashes in the outer corner – on a head temple. It is allowed to turn all eyelashes to head temples in case of creating a “Fox” effect
11. Smoothness of transition
To create smoothness in the length transition, it is necessary to use dimensions that go in a row, for example, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 mm, and not through one – 8, 10, 12 mm or 9, 11, 13, because often this creates a “steps effect” and it reduces points in this parameter and worsen the picture as a whole.
In the “Complexity” criterion the following parameters are evaluated:
The bend is selected individually for the chosen model. It should be 100% suitable for the face and the shape of the eyes.
The following lengths for 2D-5D volume are allowed in the competition: from 6 mm to 13 mm. The ideal ratio of fake eyelashes to natural is when fake eyelashes are 1/3 longer than natural. Allowed up to 1/2. It is also allowed to place fake eyelashes shorter than natural ones in the inner corner in case natural eyelashes are very long.
It is necessary to perform an extension for each eyelash in the competing time provided. If the contestant did not manage to place all the eyelashes, the points decrease in proportion to what has been done.
15. Sight modelling
In this parameter, the aesthetic beauty of eyelashes and how much it suits the model is assessed.
- Effects: A) The fox effect is recommended for almond-shaped eyes; B) Natural effect for Slavic eye type; C) The eyes with the lowered outer corners should be extended with squirrels effect; D) The Asian eyes can have a doll effect using L-bending.
- Color: blondes and redhead are more suited to brown eyelashes. The rest – black. The fair-haired girls, depending on the color of the eyes and eyebrows, eyelashes should be either black or brown.
- Bending: a) deep-set eyes are better to use more gentle bends, for example, B; B) prominent eyes – D; C) normal eyes – C; D) For eyes with lowered outer corners should use two or three bends, for example, from the inner corners – C, in the middle – D and finish with the CC.
- Length: The length of fake eyelashes depends on the length of the natural (see the complexity) and the geometry of the face. They should not be too short or too long.
Both eyes must be modeled absolutely symmetrically.
- The fake eyelashes should be glued in the internal corners at the same distance from the nose. To do this, it is necessary to carefully check whether the natural eyelashes remain under the substrate.
- The outer corners should not sag. For this, a slightly steeper bend can be used at the outer corners plus shorter length.
- Also the symmetry depends on the direction of the fake eyelashes. If eyelashes are glued on one eye with, a turn to the outer corner, and on the other eye they look straight, then the work will look asymmetrical.
- The length of the eyelashes should be clearly divided into zones and followed on both eyes. If the eyelash is not in its zone, it will be out of the picture and adversely affect the assessment.
- The same density on the right and left eye.
17. Inner corner filling
The presence of extension in the inner corners of the eyes is estimated. For its absence, 0 points are given
18. Outer corner filling
The presence of extension in the outer corners of the eyes is estimated. For its absence, 0 points are given.
5 points for one criterion. Max. on all criterion – 15 points.
Max sum of points 112 points