- General look
General look is the first impression of the judges about the work. May be evaluated both in the horizontal and vertical position. The attention is paid to the neatness, symmetry, esthetic picture, volume, etc., meaning almost everything is accounted for at once.
- Lashes bonded together
- The lashes should not be bonded to each other, or the lower to the upper. All of the lashes should be well divided.
- Lanugo lashes are not to be bonded. Tweezers should go easily in between the lashes in any place. If the tweezers get stuck the bonds are there. Often the lashes get bonded because of the inattentiveness of the master or excessive speed. So it is necessary to finish the work 5 minutes before the «Stop» and check it for bondings.
- Applying one extension at 2 natural lashes is not allowed.
- Neatness of the work performed
The work should be done neatly. The lashes should not have any glue on them, white fluffs, white tear stains or other particles of duct or grits.
- Lash contact surface
- Area. The basis of an artificial lash should stick firmly to the basis of a natural lash. The area of contact (sticking) should equal about 1/3 of the total length. If the basis is not firmly glued, for instance the tip sticks out or the lash is handing down, the points are deduced.
- Side. The side where the lash is glued (top, bottom, left or right) does not matter. The main thing is that it is seated «firmly» and seemed to grow from the natural lash.
- Technology fulfilment
This criteria includes three parameter:
The allowed space is 0,2 mm — 1 mm. The spaces should be equal and easily recognizable. The absence of space or extensions from the lid is not awarded any points here.
All of the lashes should be extended being parallel to each other. It is not welcome if the lashes cross or create «X» effect. The lashes should not be turned one way — forward or to the side. The extension should be made following «half-sun» form, meaning that the lashes in the internal corner of the eye should face the nose, the central lashes — look ahead, the lashes in the external corner of the eye — face the temple. It is allowed to turn all of the lashes to the temple to create the fox effect.
To create the smooth transition of length one needs to use sequential sizes, for instance, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11,12 mm. The usage of sizes skipping one — 8, 10, 12 mm or 9, 11, 13 results in steps, which results in cutting down the points and worsens the general picture.
This criteria includes the following parameters:
The ideal correlation between the artificial lashes and the natural ones is when the former are longer by one 1/3. Up to ½ is allowed. The extension with the artificial lashes which are shorter than the natural ones is allowed in the internal corner, if the natural lashes are very long.
The correlation between the natural lashes and the artificial ones should be adequate. The thin lashes should not be extended with the 0.2 artificials. Vice versa, the thick black naurals should not be extended with brown 0.07 artificials, otherwise the latter will be lost. It is better to use 0.07, 0.10 and 0.12 sequences.
During the competition time the extension of every lash of the model should be made. If the contestant did not manage to extend all of the lashes, the points are deduced in proportion to the work undone. During the choice of the model the master should consider the number of natural lashes. The denser the lashes, the better.
Both eyes should be modelled in absolute symmetry.
- The extended lashes should be fixed in the internal corners at the same distance from the nose on either side.
- External corners should not «hang down».
- The symmetry also depends on the direction of the artificials. If they are fixed on the one eye, being turned to the external corner, while on the other eye they are aimed forward, the work would look asymmetric.
- The length of the lashes should be distributed distinctly across the zones and maintained on both eyes. If the lash ended up in a different zone, it will fall out of the general picture and negatively influence the mark.
- Equal density on both eyes.
- Glance modelling
The esthetic outlook of the made-up lashes, the way they fit the model and make her prettier are evaluated.
Fox effect suits the almond-shaped eyes
Natural fits the Slavic form of the eyes
The Squirrel effect suits the eyes with the drawn-down external corners
The Asian eyes allow doll effect with L-curve
Brown lashes suit the blonds and the red-haired
In other cases black should be used
With the fair-haired girls it depends on the color of the eyes and brows, either black or brown should be used.
With deep-set eyes it is better to use smooth curves, for instance B.
With the prominent eyes, vice versa — D
With normal eyes — С
With the eyes with the external corner drawn-down two or three curves should be used, for instance, C in the internal corner, D in the middle and CC in the end.
The length of artificial lashes depends on the length of the naturals (ref. Complexity) and the face geometry. They should not be too long or too short.
The presence of extension in the external and internal corners of the eyes is evaluated. 0 points is given if it is absent. The maximum of 5 points are given for the external corners, as well as for the internal corners.